Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The joy of impending summer


I so love the approach of summer! It gets light early and I can resume my wonderful walks on the beach at 5:30 AM. I am so blessed to catch the first light of the day walking with my dogs on the superb Longbeach here at home. It takes me about 8 minutes to get to the sea and some mornings I see a otter family playing on the beach - it is all so inspiring and sets the most wonderful tone to the day!

I have a favourite clump of rocks I walk to and then standing on the edge of the sea I give thanks for the splendour of God's creation. This is where I get time to talk to God and to have a blessed time of silence and communion with the Lord.

Michelle's parents have bought a house in Noordhoek and will be moving in the middle of November. It has been good having them with us, but it will be great to have some more space again - especially for Michelle to school the children.

As summer returns our thoughts are with weekends away - and we are planning a trip to the Cederberg in November - I am looking forward to packing the Cruiser and hitting the open road again. I so love being on the road - and especially in remote locations - far off the beaten track with only my family and nature around.

No comments:

Post a Comment